RTS Ford 9 Inch Nodular Iron Center Section Carrier, 3.062 in., Ford 9 Inch,, , Natural, Each
RTS Ford 9 Inch carrier is a NEW casting with over 4 lbs. of material added in critical areas. Extra ribbing reinforces the case and rearmost pinion support (pilot bearing). Thick, forged steel bearing caps surround the carrier bearings, all securely held in place with Grade 8 cap screws. The improvements continue with rugged billet steel adjuster nuts and heavy-duty keepers to ensure your ring gear settings are maintained. All mounting surfaces are precision machined to ensure a consistent, flat surface for a positive gasket seal (no more leaks on your shop floor). An oil fill plug is included.
- Fits both OEM and aftermarket Ford 9 inch axle housings
- Nodular iron material withstands higher shock loads & is more resistant to fatigue than gray iron castings
- Housing is reinforced in many areas (extra ribbing, thicker bulkheads, bearing support webbing)
- Use 3.062” or 3.250" O.D. carrier bearing (factory Ford “big bearing” carrier)
- Works with 28, 31 or 33-spline axle shafts (with proper bearing)